Friday, October 26, 2007


Prayer request for Gateway Volunteer Nancy Stabinski

June 1, 2008

AD MAJOREM DEI GLORIAM

Good Morning Family and Friends,

Nancy is now in her third week of residence at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in NYC (where she will likely need to remain for an additional several weeks).

This particular week has been especially hard for her and for her primary hospital caretaker (me).

All of the 4 chemotherapy drugs that were administered to Nancy at lethal levels 2 weeks ago very worst side-effects have finally set-in:
a) profound nausea and vomiting

b) unceasing and horrific mucositus (consistingof her therapy-induced incineration of the cell lining of her entire G.I. tract)

(c) a complete and blood chemistry-related physical collapse (she cannot arise from her hospital bed without some strong physical assistance)

(d) the final extinguishment of her entire immune system; the loss of bowel and bladder control (we had 3 accidents last night)

(e) low respiration-related delirium

(f) severe bone pain; and, unsuprisingly, full-scale despondency in her intervening moments of mental lucidity.

I am typing out this e-mail to you now from her hospital room.

Nancy will continue to require a full-time personal caretaker for at least
the next several days.

Nancy's mailing address is:

Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center
1275 York Avenue (Room #824)
New York, New York

Nancy's MSKCC telephone # is:

1-212-639-4316

But please hold all calls and visits to her room for the next several days and until such time when at least some of these terrible side-effects
begin to go into retreat (I will attempt to keep everyone updated).

Presently, Nancy's most efficacious relief from her collective torments is best realized when she is able to drop-off into
a deep sleep. When she is awake, however, MSKCC's excellent medical
staff has nothing at it's pharmeceutical disposal to otherwise free
her from her suffering in a truly meaningful way.

And, lastly, likewise hold all well-intended fruit baskets and
flowers, as Nancy will not be permitted to receive them into her room
pursuant to Sloan's infection control policies.

God Bless and thank-you for your prayers.

In His Holy Name,
Mark Stabinski


Monday, November 14, 2008

DEAR FRIENDS, JUST WRITING TO YOU TO GIVE YOU A LITTLE UPDATE OF WHAT'S GOING ON. I HAD MY 4TH CHEMO TREATMENT ON THURSDAY BUT THE DOCTOR FELT EITHER A NON-RESPONDING NODE OR SCAR TISSUE IN MY NECK. I WILL GO FOR A PET SCAN NEXT MONDAY BEFORE MY TREATMENT ON THURSDAY AND DEPENDING ON THE OUTCOME OF THE SCAN, I MAY HAVE TO HAVE ANOTHER BIOPSY. IF ITS NOT SCAR TISSUE, I KNOW THIS MEANS MORE CHEMO OR RADIATION. ITS DIFFICULT ENOUGH TO THINK ABOUT 2 MORE TREATMENTS WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT A WHOLE NEW PROTOCOL OF CHEMO.
AS I WRITE THIS, I SUDDENTLY HEAR MANY BIRDS CHIRPING OUTSIDE. YOU KNOW HOW YOU MAKE UP THESE STUPID LITTLE "SCRIPTS" IN YOUR HEAD, LIKE WHEN I'M PRAYING OUTSIDE AND I HEAR A BIRD I KNOW GOD IS LISTENING. I KNOW HE IS WALKING WITH ME THROUGH THIS. I KNOW HE HAS NOT LEFT ME OR FORSAKEN ME. I LOOK TO HIM FOR MY STRENGTH. I ASK FOR PRAYER FOR THIS HARD SPOT TO BE SCAR TISSUE, FOR THIS ITCHY RASH TO DISAPPEAR, FOR THE NAUSEA AND QUEEZINESS TO BE GONE, FOR STRENGTH AND THE NEUROPATHY THAT IS BEGINNING IN MY FINGERS TO DISAPPEAR.
NINA TOLD ME I AM STILL A STRONG CHICK. I AM BEGINNING TO FEEL LIKE AN OLD WEAK HEN. I MISS YOU ALL.
LOVE IN CHRIST,
NANCY S.


Friday, November 9, 2007

Nancy informs us that she had a Cat and Pet scan. The doctors discovered non-Hodgekins Lymphoma. She will go to Sloan-Kettering to recive chemo and radiation. Please keep her in your prayers.

Wednesday - October 31, 2007

DEAR FRIENDS, THE BIOPSY IS OVER. THE SURGEON TOOK A FEW AFFECTED LYMPH NODES OUT WHERE WE THOUGHT IT WAS ONLY ONE. THE OPERATION WENT WELL, NO COMPLICATIONS THANK YOU LORD JESUS. I FELT THE LORD'S PEACE UPON THE OR AND FELT CONFIDENT WITH THE ANESTHESIOLOGIST. I WENT HOME WITH PAIN PILLS WHICH WORK WELL BUT I AM A LITTLE GROGGY FROM THEM AND SLEEP ALOT. THE SURGEON WAS NOT AS CONFIDENT IT WAS A LYMPHOMA NOW AND SAID WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL MONDAY'S PATHOLOGY REPORT TO COME IN. MY APPOINTMENT IS AT 3 PM, WILL SEND OUT AN EMAIL WHEN I FIND OUT. THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS AND PHONE CALLS. LOVE, NANCY S.

(Original Post) Friday (October 26, 2007)

Dear Friends

As many of you already know, I recently felt a lump in my neck. After going to the doctor last week, I visited a surgeon today. He scheduled a biopsy/removal of lymph node for Tuesday, October 30 at 10:00 am. He believes there is a good chance it is lymphoma.

He explained that its probably not related to my breast cancer which is a good thing, but a new primary cancer. Metastatic breast cancer is more difficult to treat than a new lymphoma.

He also wants me to have general anesthesia because of the location being near my jugular and carotid vessels. It may be somewhat attached and doesn't want to take the chance of any type of movement on my part during the surgery.

After developing chemical pneumonia with my last biopsy in January, this is another unsettling matter. It will done at Clara Maas Same Day Surgery.

I ask for prayer to our Almighty God that this doctor is wrong and it is only a fibrous (hard) node, non-cancerous and that the procedure goes quickly and without any complications.

I also ask for prayer that if this is a scheme from the enemy, I will be protected from him and any further attacks.

I would be a liar to say I am not afraid of Tuesday's procedure and outcome but I know where my peace comes from.

I will go put on some loud praise and worship music and give it to my Jesus who died on the cross just for this reason.

Praising Him In All Situations,

Nancy S.

No comments:

Recent Gateway Newsletters April 2024 Gateway Today March 2024  Ga teway Today                               February 2024  Gateway Today J...