Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Gateway CPA Cathy Horling asks for prayer:

John Santoro wrote:
From: "John Santoro"
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 08:00:32 -0400

A week and a half ago, my dad was diagnosed with stage four cancer. It originated in his prostate spread to his spine, skull, and ribs. All things considered, he was in good spirits and hoped that radiation and hormone therapy would slow the spread and give him a few more years to live. However, a few days ago a blood vessel burst in the left side of his brain and because of a very low blood platelet count, the bleed has not been clotting well. The doctors are doing their best, but his condition does not look too good.

Since the bleed, he has been unable to speak and only makes very slight movements. It's not clear whether he recognizes my mother or me.

This has been a shock for my mom and me since my dad was in excellent health at the age of 76. Just a month ago he was competing in the national 75 and over clay court tennis tournament and he had just ordered a new pair of skis for the winter season. It is good that I live nearby during this difficult time and that my dad is in the hospital where my wife works.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would include my dad and mom in your daily prayers.

Thank you,
John

No comments:

Recent Gateway Newsletters April 2024 Gateway Today March 2024  Ga teway Today                               February 2024  Gateway Today J...