Monday, June 1, 2009

PRESS RELEASE


Gateway Banquet to feature Dr. Alevda King, niece of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Friday Oct 16, 2009 7:00 pm


Gateway Pregnancy Centers will celebrate 24 years of ministry at their annual banquet on Friday October 16, 2009.

The featured speaker will be Dr. Alveda King.

Dr. King is the niece of the late Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King.

She speaks out strongly against the sin of abortion as well as the forgiveness that can be found by trusting Christ as Savior and Lord.

Dr. King has written: "I’m a woman, I’m divorced," she said. "I think of the woman at the well when I think of myself. At the end, when Jesus gave her living water, he said ‘go tell your husband and others the truth you have received.’

(I’m) divorced, (I) had an abortion. (She went on to have six children.) But I’ve repented, and I believe God has forgiven me. If we never sinned, Christ would not have had to shed blood. I admit the things I have done are sinful. Can you do the same thing?"

All are invited to meet and hear this unique servant of God. The cost of the banquet is nominal and a freewill offering will be taken for the ministry.

A Pastors Prayer Breakfast will take place the following day (Saturday October 17, 2009) at the Kenilworth Inn, in Kenilworth, N.J.

For further information check the Blog at www.gateway.org, email Gateway at dean@gateway.org or call them at (973) 399-8378.


Contact: dean@gateway.org

No comments:

Recent Gateway Newsletters April 2024 Gateway Today March 2024  Ga teway Today                               February 2024  Gateway Today J...